Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Questions for the GUTGAA Meet and Greet

Deana Barnhart
Sign Up Now!
The Gearing Up To Get Your Agent blogfest is on! This week, everyone is getting to know each other, so join in on the fun!
-Where do you write?
I just finished a roll-top desk and it's down in my office. My writing space is almost perfect!

-Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?
 My little framed sign that says, 'Butt In Chair'
-Favorite time to write?
Morning to late afternoon. And eleven p.m. to two a.m.  Basically when everyone is asleep or not home.
-Drink of choice while writing?
Cherry Coke
-When writing , do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
  Instrumental Soundtracks (scores). Especially ones specific to the genre I'm writing.
-What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
Donating plasma twice a week. Those people are real vampires.
-What's your most valuable writing tip?
I like quotes, especially when someone says it better than I could. Stephen Cannell said, "I never waited for my Irish Cream coffee to be the right temperature, with a storm happening outside and my fireplace crackling ... I wrote every day, at home, in the office, whether I felt like it or not, I just did it." So my tip: Write. Every. Day.

23 comments:

  1. Hahah. I need a "Butt In Chair" sign. Thanks for the idea. ;)

    Trish Skinner
    GUTGAA participant

    ReplyDelete
  2. reetings!

    I'm hopping over from GUTGAA and checking out some blogs. Nice to meet you...you have a lovely blog...good luck with GUTAA!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping in from GUTGAA. Great advice. The "whether I feel like it or not" is so important.

    Glad to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice a week? *feels squeamish and light headed*

    Is this WIP different from the one I read when I visited your writing group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sooooo glad I haven't been doing that for awhile. Funny... I still don't like needles. ;)

      Yes, same one. I'm finally into the rewrite phase. Hoping it'll be ready for an editor in a couple months. Really jazzed about my next project so I need to wrap this one up.

      Delete
  5. A roll top desk? I am so jealous! Sounds like perfection to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the butt in chair sign! I have a roll top desk too! It needs to be re-finished, but it's lovely just cause it rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Write every day is something I haven't yet gotten in the habit of. I'd like to and have made more efforts to do that. I'm in an editing phase currently, so sometimes I make the excuse of not having time to sit and edit for long enough. But I agree, setting aside a chunk of time every day is really the goal to strive toward. BUTT IN CHAIR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your framed "Butt in Chair" sign cracks me up - I could probably use one of those too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a Coke girl, but every once in a while I gotta have a Cherry Coke--they're good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you can relate to the keeping an entire scene just for one good line! Thanks for hopping to my blog! I look forward to reading more about your writing journey.
    ~ Rachel Dillon
    ThroughEndangeredEyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great writing tip (I love quote too) and you make furniture. It must feel incredible to sit at a desk you've made and write. Now I want to make a Butt In Chair sign for my house! Good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE roll top desks :) Very old school! I'm super jealous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the thought of a "butt in chair" sign. Every writer should own one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I used to donate...no more! I adore your tip. Cannel always seems (seemed) like such a down to earth kind of guy, liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Writing every day is great advice. And it encompasses so many parts of writing, not just an actual manuscript. I tend to burn out if I work on an ms too much, but blogging and outlining are all part of the author process and involves writing.
    Great to meet you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always wanted a roll top desk, and Cherry coke, the humor reminds me of someone I know very well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My hubby donates plasma. Blood source will hunt him down if he misses. I'm scared of needles so I rarely donate. Good luck with GUTGAA.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need a flashing neon"butt in chair" sign. Best of luck with GUTGAA.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Anthony!

    Great writing tip and love the sound of your neon sign! It was lovely reading about you!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so wish I could donate blood - alas, they think I may be a mad cow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cherry coke, inspirational non lyrical music & great quotes! yeah!

    nice to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so kind to drop by my Blog, too! Wishing you the best with GUTGAA, and like your Charlie Brown cartoon, too! lalala! Singing in the Choir!

    Dr Margaret Aranda, Author
    www.drmargaretaranda.blogspot.com
    www.girlpowerinamm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts