Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Writer's Confessional

My writerly failings this week were not overly sinful, just a major pain. You see, OpenOffice saves
your document, but DropBox doesn't upload your edited file until you close the file in OpenOffice.

I had a great writing day on Monday, plowing through several chapters of rewrites. What my major sin was, was heading to the kitchen for a break and never coming back. Instead I thought I had earned a little XBox time. I haven't played in weeks, so why not?

So my snack break, turned into a six-hour Fallout marathon that ended with my sleepy head closing my 'saved' laptop.

What this did was create a 'conflicted' copy of my story. So now I have two copies of my story: one with the chapters I'd been working on, and one with the additions I wrote the next day.

Now I have two files I need to find changes in, and make one completed copy.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

What were your writerly sins this week?


1 comment:

  1. I was looking up what the "Lam-ed Vov" was, and i got to this spot~ (this is only a Book selection area?)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts