All of these song have some relevance to a particular moment in my life. Some of them were paticularly dark moments and a simple song helped me get through it. The sad thing is that I'm actually worried I've forgotten one that was really important to me.
Ahh... the gray hairs are getting to me.
Besides, something tells me, the longer I live, the longer this list is gonna get.
Without further ado, here is the soundtrack of my life. If you don't know a particular song, click on the link to listen to it on YouTube:
- Star Wars Opening Title - John Williams (Star Wars)
- The Wishing Song - Gonzo (The Muppet Show)
- Believe It or Not (Theme to The Greatest American Hero)
- You're Only Human (Second Wind) - Billy Joel
- Hip To Be Square - Huey Lewis & The News
- Cabaret - Liza Minnelli (Cabaret)
- El Paso - Marty Robbins
- Everybody Ought to Have A Maid - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- You Are The One - Mike & The Mechanics
- Go The Distance - Hercules Soundtrack
- It's Good to be King - Tom Petty
- Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - Billy Joel
- Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg
- Mr. Cellophane - John C. Reilly (Chicago)
- Corner Of The Sky - William Katt (Pippin)
- Send In The Clowns - Judy Collins
- I Am A Rock - Simon & Garfunkel
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Paperback Writer - The Beatles
- White and Nerdy - Weird Al Yankovic
- Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler (The Wedding Singer)
You're Everything To Me - George Formby
Cuban Pete - The Mask Soundtrack
Brand New Day - Neil Patrick Harris (Dr. Horrible)
The Flip Side
So, if you could pick any songs from the soundtrack of your life, what would they be? Which songs or artists got you through the dark patches in your life?
If you had to boil your life down to just one song, could you do it?